Saturday 3 December 2011

The Begining

After a year of solid track days and hard road riding, my faithful 1998 Suzuki GSX-R600 has a suspected "spun crankshaft main bearing". She is still running, but major failure is probably immanent. What to do? Do I spend $2000+ rebuilding an engine on a $4000 motorbike? sounds like false economy to me. Time for a new road bike, have a go at doing my first rebuild and convert the GSXR into a full time track bike.

I can either rebuild the current engine, or find a donor wreck to take the engine from and score a second set of rims for intermediate/wet tyres. I'm going to start the rebuild and if a donor comes along in the mean time, then great!

This blog will document the conversion of my 1998 Suzuki GSX-R600 into a Pre-Modern Race Bike!

Former glory:




What she now sounds like (That knocking noise):



Cheers,

SammyA




No comments:

Post a Comment